All you need to know about Vietnam E-visa
ABROADER April 06, 2022 3 minute read
You’re thinking about an overseas trip this summer in Vietnam but still confused about the visa application, especially in this Covid-19 time? How and where to apply for a visa? You know what, Vietnam e-visa (Electronic visa), which was officially launched in 2017, is a simple and convenient way for foreigners to enter Vietnam. Continue reading our blog to find out!
At a glance
What is Vietnam e-visa?
Like other types of visa, Vietnam e-visa is also a kind of travel document granted by the Vietnam Department of Immigration, to provide permission to enter Vietnam. But e-visa is issued via electronic system.
It’s valid for 30 days, single entry only
A Vietnam e-visa letter will have all necessary as below:
- Number and code of the Electronic Visa (Vietnam e-visa)
- Full name of applicant
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Expiry date of passport
- Validity of the Vietnam e-visa (indicating clearly form which day/ month/ year to which day/ month/ year)
- Checkpoint allowed
- Purpose of visit: Tourism
- Name, address and telephone of inviting/ guaranteeing organization (if any)
- Accompanying children (if any)
Who is eligible for an e-visa to Vietnam?
Vietnam e-visa was applicable for citizens in 80 countries. You can check out this link to make sure your countries allow e-visa issuing.
What are Vietnam E-visa entry points?
You may wonder “where in Vietnam can I use e-visa?”. Good news is that it’s eligible at many types of checkpoints: airports, land ports and seaports. This link will give you the exact names of those 33 ports.
Vietnam e-visa requirements
To best prepare for the application, you should get ready for all the documents below:
- Your valid passport in at least 6 months after the expected date of entering Vietnam and having at least 02 blank pages
- Credit card or Debit card that can make payment online
- Passport photo (4x6cm): Looking straight, without glasses.
- Image of Passport data page: Full page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines.
*Notes: Passport photo must follow these more detailed standards:
- Applicants must submit a passport photo taken within the last 01 year, 4x6cm in size, straight face, no hat, no dark or tinted glass. Both ears must be shown.
- The photo must be clear for identification. The photo must not be edited anyhow.
- The photo can be in colors/ black and white.
- The background must be white/bright. Photos on dark and/or decorated backgrounds will not be accepted.
How to get Vietnam e-visa:
After having enough documents, you can follow the process of applying for Vietnam e-visa below:
- Step 1: Access this website to fill out the application form
- Step 2: Pay the E-visa fee
- Step 3: Check the result by access this address and receive Vietnam e-visa
We suggest you visit this link to get a detailed instruction of how to apply for Vietnam e-visa.
Want to make your trip to Vietnam care-free about visa application? ABROADER covers from A to Z for our participants joining our educational programs in Vietnam. If you’re interested in internships and study abroad programs in Vietnam, check this link below and feel free to contact us if you need any further information.