Business Development and Partnership Communication
With a “Pivot Position” due to its geo-strategic significance in South East Asia and existing as the transport junction from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific Ocean, Vietnam has attracted increasing investments and establishments of both local and international firms. Business internships in Vietnam are great springboards for the student’s further career opportunities.
- Gain needed professional experience
- Touch the real feeling of out-of-comfort zone
- Gain professional skills and soft skills via global cutural awareness
- Develop International network
- Make your transition from student's life to the real world
- Explore culture and life in Vietnam with local buddies
- Culture Excursion, Cooking day, Summer / Year End Event, etc.
- Improve language skills
- Identifying, negotiating and closing new business opportunities
- Proactively creating opportunities
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Contribute to the strategic product and service offering of the company.
International students will usually get some or all of the following benefits provided by their host organizations while doing an internship in Vietnam:
- Professional on-the-job training
- Build business network
- Develop project management skills
- Reference letter for good performance
- Certificate of completion
It should be noted that the benefits a student can be provided with often vary by placement and depend mostly on their host organization.
- Be enrolled in university, graduated or have relevant work experience in the field of interest
- Languages: English (required by most host organizations)
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
- Other specialized knowledge, professional skills & qualities to perform the job (vary by placement and depend on the specific host organization).
Below are our base program fees and dates. Please check with our Program Coordinator for more specific details on the costs and before you make any travel arrangements to Vietnam.
The total fee for a full internship program with SE Vietnam is assessed depending on the length of your internship and is shown as below:
If you only seek for an internship placement in Vietnam, the program fee is set to be $700 USD/placement and does not depend on the length of your internship either
*4-6 week options are only open for medical/nursing and education/teaching internships. For business, engineering, or other office-based positions, if you need less than 8 weeks, we need to verify with potential host company first, but this is not encouraged and we cannot guarantee placement.
Fees are higher than previous years because of an increase in housing costs (1.5 times higher) and the government has changed visa laws, so visa arrangement prices have increased as well.
WHAT IS COVERED?
Besides matching you with the best employer for your desired internship placement, our programs also include many special components to assist you in settling down in Vietnam and make sure you have an excellent overall experience with your internship.
Those special components are packaged in one toolkit and are basically everything you need to get settled in Vietnam:
- Internship placement
- Visa application (single-entry 3 month business visa, 1 month for 4 weeks)
- Airport transfer (pick-up & see-off)
- Local volunteer support
- Accommodation (homestay/private or shared apartment which is fully-furnished)
- Pre-departure check & on-site orientations
- City tour
- Local SIM card
- Cultural excursion to top destinations in Vietnam (Ha Long Bay or Mekong Delta)
- Cooking day
- 24/7 support
- On-going internship evaluation
- Welcome & farewell dinners
- Certification upon completion of program
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- Round-trip international airfare
- Visa stamping fee
- Health insurance
- Local transportation allowance
- Pre-application screening
- Daily meals and other personal expenses
- Accommodation: private room, air-conditioner, private bathroom with water heater, Wi-Fi, bedding, mini fridge, kitchen inside room or shared kitchen, room cleaning 2 times/week, shared self- serviced laundry area. Electricity is not included, the cost is typically 3000 to 4000 VND/kwh (10 cents/kwh) for electricity. This fee will be charged when the student checks out.
- Medical internship requires a surcharge of $100 – 500 USD per month depending on host hospitals. This will be sent directly to the hospital for supervision/training fee as well as training tools.
- The visa processing fee is included in the program fee. In case the student has the passport citizenship other than U.S./E.U./Australia and falls into a more difficult visa, the visa cost is subject to a certain amount of surcharge based on the duration and citizenship of the passport.
- The internships start on 1st and 3rd Thursday monthly.
Alumni Discount: If you have already completed a program with us in the past, a discount which includes $100 USD off the total program fees will be applied for your next internship with us.
Enter this PROMO CODE: ALU100 when you do the online application to be automatically eligible for the discount.
A $500 deposit will be required to begin your internship placement process. This deposit will be credited towards the final program fee.
Application deadline: 2 months prior to your program start date. *Late application is tsubject o late submission fee of $200 USD
|Friday||9:00 - 11:00||Orientation||Abroader's office|
|12:00 - 13:00||Welcom meal||Restaurant|
|Saturday||Day time||City tour||City center|
|Monday||Morning||Induction to company
1st working day
|Thursday/ Friday of last week||Day time||Evaluation|
International Relation Internship ,Tulane University, U.S.A
NGUYEN CHAU BAO
Climate Change Internship ,College of Wooster, Ohio
Bin Zhou (Ryan)
Internship at Chemizol/Culligan Water Vietnam ,University of Queensland
Medical Intern ,IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY
Marketing Internship ,Natasha Mohney’s mother
Environment Intern ,Republic Polytechnics Singapore
LILLIAN SARAH GRANT
Marketing & Communication Specialist Intern ,University of Massachusetts Amherst, U.S.A
Muhammad Zaidi Bin Noraidi
IT Internship ,Republic Polytechnics Singapore
IT Internship ,Republic Polytechnics Singapore
Social Work Internship ,University of Oregon, U.S.A