Communication Intern at Environmental NGO
You are photo & video-editing enthusiasts and you care for the world environment? Take this chance to do your internship in Communications in an International NGO in Vietnam and learn how Vietnam and Southeast Asia deal with environmental matters.
About the Host
This is one of the first international non-governmental organizations in Viet Nam. It is recognised as the leading conservation organisation in the country, bringing solutions and support to the government and other key stakeholders to meet the country’s development challenges. Many field activities across the country are implemented to deal with environmental issues including wildlife, freshwater, climate change, ocean emerging in the region.
- Learn to develop website and sharpen skills about editing photos, videos, and graphics
- Collect the photos and videos from on-site visits
- Have chance to visit conservation sites and field trips with beautiful wildlife!
- Build network in the business sector
- Reference letter for good performance
Program Highlights - All in one!
- Immerse in local culture through Vietnamese lessons, cooking class, city tour and trip to World's top destination (Halong Bay/ Mekong Delta) – All included in the program
- Ample supports from our onsite team and lovely “Local Buddies” – Vietnamese university students who can show you around their city and its hidden gems
- Experience life abroad authentically - More than travelling, get to know the city with the locals!
- Travel Vietnam or hop around Southeast Asia in the weekend (Bangkok or Bali is just 2 hours flight away)
- Join our networks of international students to discover Vietnam together (who know, you might visit their home countries one day)
As an intern, your responsibilities include:
- Create presentations and documents: photoshop, pack office, iMovie
- Collaborate with other department to produce content
- Edit English of written content: annual report, press releases, newsletters, social media posts etc.
- Edit English scripts and create ENG & VN subtitles for videos as needed: our planet halo films, short clips
- Organize photos and upload photos to the HIVE (photo hub for WWF)
- Assist updating the website as needed
- Adapt and support graphics content/videos
- Degree related to Communication or Environment
- Preferably experiences in planning and implementation of GO and NGOs projects
- Good understanding of issues related to: conservation, climate adaptation, waste management, waste treatment, environmental protection and communication for changes
- Can-do attitude and result-oriented communication mind-set
- Organizing / planning and problem-solving skills
*Job Description is for reference only. Your actual responsibilities are subject to change based on your capacities, interests and the host's requirements at a certain time.
Tip: Check with our Advisor for more specific details and before you make any travel arrangements.
- Placement-only option: If you only need program placement, program fee is set at $700 USD/ placement for all durations.
- 4-6 weeks option are only open for medical and education internships. For other majors, most host organizations prefer minimum 8 weeks and availability of 4-6 week options are not guaranteed.
- Medical internship entails an extra fee of $100 – 300 USD per month depending on host hospitals. This will be sent directly to the hosts to cover training fee, administration and training tools.
What is included
Our full-package program guarantees fully-supported, locally-immersive experiences and includes:
- Internship placement
- Visa application
- Accommodation (homestay/ studio/ shared apartment)
- Pre-departure guide
- Airport transfer (pick-up & see-off at designated time)
- On-site orientations
- Local SIM card
- City tour & Social and cultural activities with onsite staff
- Excursion to top destinations in Vietnam (Ha Long Bay or Mekong Delta)
- Local volunteer support
- Onsite supports from ABROADER staff with 24/7 hotline
- On-going & Final program evaluation
- Welcome & Farewell dinners
- Public Liability Insurance
- Certification upon completion of the program
Standard option is studio room. Basic facilities will be provided, including air-conditioner, bathroom with water heater, Wi-Fi, bedding, mini fridge, kitchen. Electricity is not included. Electricity bill is typically $100 – 150 USD per month depending on your usage. Electricity bill will be charged directly to students at the end of month and when check out.
Visa application fee is included in our program fee. The quoted fee is for standard passport holders, including those from the US, Canada, the EU, Australia, Singapore. For other citizenships, visa fee may change depending on home country and duration.
What is NOT included
- Visa stamping fee (to be paid to the custom upon arrival)
- Meals and other personal expenses
Our programs are all year round. Application deadline is minimum 2 months prior to intended start date.
For smooth preparations, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, preferable 3 – 4 months in advance.
Late application is subject to late submission fee of $200.
Our entire process is an easy 5-step journey – from application to after you return home.
Browse and choose! Check out the wide range of programs we offer by major, industry or location. Select the program you want (you can choose up to 5) and click Apply! For this step, you will need to fill in personal information and upload a resume.
Can’t decide? Contact us for individualized recommendations. No fee is required at this stage and you can still change your selection later after an interview with our Placement Advisors.
- Online Interview
After your application is submitted, our Placement Advisor team will review your application and get in touch for a FREE online consultation on available opportunities. We will also answer all your questions about the location and guide you through the next steps.
No rush to commitment! After the interview, you’ll receive a Conditional Offer with details of your chosen program. You’ll have time to review the offer and when ready, submit a deposit to secure your place. This deposit is fully refundable if you are not placed in a program.
Welcome onboard! Our onsite team will work with you to ensure we secure a suitable placement. You will get to learn more about the role/ program you’re applying for through detailed description or interview with potential host companies/ universities so that both sides know whether it’s a good fit.
If all goes well, congratulations! You'll receive a placement offer. Time to prepare for your departure!
- Onsite Experience
It’s getting real! Once you’ve landed, our staff will be ready to welcome and pick you up to your accommodation. You’ll get oriented with the city before starting work/ study next Monday.
You did it! In one way or another, you’ve broadened your horizons! Time for final evaluation and reflection. Our onsite team will arrange for your departure and welcome you to our alumni network.
|Thursday||Arrival & Airport Pick-up|
|Friday||Orientation & Welcome Meal|
|Monday||Company Induction & First working day|
|Last working week||Evaluation & Farewell|
Your selected programs
You have not selected any programs.