Communications & Fundraising Intern at Human Rights NGO
Passionate about human rights? Join this NGO to help vulnerable kids have a better future. Intern will gain experience in nonprofit communications and fundraising besides assisting with reintegration activities for young trafficking victims.
About the Host
This is an Australian-certified NGO located in Hanoi, Vietnam that works with street kids, runaway children, victims of human trafficking, children with disabilities, young rural-urban migrants, kids affected by drugs and HIV/AIDS, homeless families, child prisoners, and the rural poor.
The NGO uses a holistic approach consisting of various support strategies: from rescue and crisis care for young people in immediate danger; shelter; legal advocacy; to long term support to return to school and training.
Today the organization is working directly with over 1,500 children and youth from around Vietnam, transforming the lives of kids in crisis.
- Get involved in various tasks related to NGO Communications and Fundraising
- Learn relevant skills through trainings and workshops with social workers staff
- Creative positive changes to Vietnamese vulnerable youth
- Lunch available at the workplace for all week days
- Professional reference upon successful completion
Program Highlights - All in one!
- Immerse in local culture through Vietnamese lessons, cooking class, city tour and trip to World's top destination (Halong Bay/ Mekong Delta) – All included in the program
- Ample supports from our onsite team and lovely “Local Buddies” – Vietnamese university students who can show you around their city and its hidden gems
- Experience life abroad authentically - More than travelling, get to know the city with the locals!
- Travel Vietnam or hop around Southeast Asia on the weekend (Bangkok or Bali is just 2 hours flight away)
- Join our networks of international students to discover Vietnam together
As an intern, your responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop a system for donor database
- Edit written text of promotional materials, updates and social media posts
- Support the organisation and logistics of Christmas events, Bazaar, and other fundraising Campaigns
- Support the two-year research project on anti-trafficking work and training materials for the national Police Academy.
- Support the grant team to find funding opportunities
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s values
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- Experience in customer relations, communications and event organisations
- Experience in researching
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work accurately and timely
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an active team player
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office, emails and internet
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment
*Job Description is for reference only. Your actual responsibilities are subject to change based on your capacities, interests and the host's requirements at a certain time.
Remote internship is open all year round. Application is reviewed on a rolling basis and is expected to be submitted at least 1 month prior to desired start date.
Internship duration: 8 to 24 weeks
Working hours: 30 - 40 hours per week (varied depending on applicants and positions)
Program Fee & Inclusion:
Program fee: US$990
Guaranteed internship placement relevant to your major and skill set
Pre-program orientation: Our onsite staff will guide you through 02 online, interactive orientations that focus on Vietnam and Vietnamese culture, how to navigate cross-cultural communications, how to work remotely effectively.
Career mentorship: Resume coaching, real interview with international employers, online expert sharing session.
Cultural sessions: Facilitated social exchanges with local peers, cross-cultural debriefs with local staff and fellow international interns.
On-going internship support: We monitor your progress and offer cross-cultural communications or work-related supports as needed.
Weekly check-ins with host company (and program coach/ coordinator)
E-certificate upon successful completion (upon request)
Our entire process is an easy 5-step journey – from application to after you return home.
Browse and apply! Check out the wide range of programs we offer by major, industry or location. Select the program you want (you can choose up to 5) and click Apply! For this step, you will need to fill in personal information and upload a resume.
Can’t decide? Contact us for individualized recommendations. No fee is required at this stage and you can still change your selection later after an interview with our Placement Advisors.
After your application is submitted, our Placement Advisor team will review your application and get in touch for a FREE online consultation on available opportunities. We will also answer all your questions about the location and guide you through the next steps.
No rush to commitment! After the interview, you’ll receive a Conditional Offer with details of your chosen program. You’ll have time to review the offer and when ready, submit a deposit to secure your place. This deposit is fully refundable if you are not placed in a program.
Welcome onboard! Our onsite team will work with you to ensure we secure a suitable placement. You will get to learn more about the role/ program you’re applying for through detailed description or interview with potential host companies so that both sides know whether it’s a good fit. If all goes well, congratulations! You will receive a placement offer. Time to prepare for your internship! Here’s the list of things to complete:
It’s official! Internship starts officially on Monday when you will have a virtual company induction to get you oriented and ready. Afterwards, your weeks will be filled with engaging works, weekly check-ins, cultural immersion sessions and more.
You did it! To wrap up the program, we’ll host a virtual final evaluation session with you and your host. To take full advantage of the internship, we encourage you to share your experiences, join our global alumni network and add the internship to your list of achievements on your resume/ Linkedin profile!
Your selected programs
You have not selected any programs.