Finance Intern at Pioneer E-Commerce Software Corporation
Want to kickstart your finance career? This is an exciting opportunity to gain practical experiences using data for finance analysis for this nationally reputed e-commerce software corporation.
About the Host
This corporation was founded to make people happier with the Internet. They owns Vatgia.com (e-marketplace), Baokim.vn (Payment gateway), Nhanh.vn (Retail Management System), 123doc (document sharing platform), Mytour.vn (hotel booking site) and some other projects.
Vatgia.com is a leading e-marketplace in Vietnam. Vatgia.com mission is to build an Online eco-system, to bring Happy shopping experience to consumers and to help merchants do Smart business, by a Bottom up culture. The corporation receive investments from IDG Ventures, Mitsui, CAV, Recruit and Voyage.
- Work in an international environment and flexibility
- Boost the potential of your finance and business knowledge by working on a large scale and challenging projects
- Comprehensive training from finance professionals
- Secure professional reference upon successful completion
- Free lunch and transportation allowance
Program Highlights - All in one!
- Immerse in local culture through Vietnamese lessons, cooking class, city tour and trip to World's top destination (Halong Bay/ Mekong Delta) – All included in the program
- Ample supports from our onsite team and lovely “Local Buddies” – Vietnamese university students who can show you around their city and its hidden gems
- Experience life abroad authentically - More than travelling, get to know the city with the locals!
- Travel Vietnam or hop around Southeast Asia on the weekend (Bangkok or Bali is just 2 hours flight away)
- Join our networks of international students to discover Vietnam together
Interns will help in the development and implementation of policies and practices for financial management at the company:
- Prepare a wide array of reports as requested by Finance Director and stakeholders, such as Income Statement, CFs, Operating KPIs
- Review and audit monthly financial statements and reports•Attend monthly Board meeting and Give presentation on the company's financial performance
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts, including AR, AP, Fixed assets
- Help create various forms of spreadsheet for management, analyzing and forecasting purpose
- Answer questions and assist stakeholders, customers and clients as requested
- Maintain and strengthen internal control system
- Other tasks as requested by senior management
- Undergraduate or graduate student in Business Administration, Economics, Finance and Banking, Accounting, Auditing or another related discipline.
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Proactive, high level of integrity, accountability, flexibility and eager to learn
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
*Job Description is for reference only. Your actual responsibilities are subject to change based on your capacities, interests and the host's requirements at a certain time.
Remote internship is open all year round. Application is reviewed on a rolling basis and is expected to be submitted at least 1 month prior to desired start date.
Internship duration: 8 to 24 weeks
Working hours: 30 - 40 hours per week (varied depending on applicants and positions)
Program Fee & Inclusion:
Program fee: US$990
Guaranteed internship placement relevant to your major and skill set
Pre-program orientation: Our onsite staff will guide you through 02 online, interactive orientations that focus on Vietnam and Vietnamese culture, how to navigate cross-cultural communications, how to work remotely effectively.
Career mentorship: Resume coaching, real interview with international employers, online expert sharing session.
Cultural sessions: Facilitated social exchanges with local peers, cross-cultural debriefs with local staff and fellow international interns.
On-going internship support: We monitor your progress and offer cross-cultural communications or work-related supports as needed.
Weekly check-ins with host company (and program coach/ coordinator)
E-certificate upon successful completion (upon request)
Our entire process is an easy 5-step journey – from application to after you return home.
Browse and apply! Check out the wide range of programs we offer by major, industry or location. Select the program you want (you can choose up to 5) and click Apply! For this step, you will need to fill in personal information and upload a resume.
Can’t decide? Contact us for individualized recommendations. No fee is required at this stage and you can still change your selection later after an interview with our Placement Advisors.
After your application is submitted, our Placement Advisor team will review your application and get in touch for a FREE online consultation on available opportunities. We will also answer all your questions about the location and guide you through the next steps.
No rush to commitment! After the interview, you’ll receive a Conditional Offer with details of your chosen program. You’ll have time to review the offer and when ready, submit a deposit to secure your place. This deposit is fully refundable if you are not placed in a program.
Welcome onboard! Our onsite team will work with you to ensure we secure a suitable placement. You will get to learn more about the role/ program you’re applying for through detailed description or interview with potential host companies so that both sides know whether it’s a good fit. If all goes well, congratulations! You will receive a placement offer. Time to prepare for your internship! Here’s the list of things to complete:
It’s official! Internship starts officially on Monday when you will have a virtual company induction to get you oriented and ready. Afterwards, your weeks will be filled with engaging works, weekly check-ins, cultural immersion sessions and more.
You did it! To wrap up the program, we’ll host a virtual final evaluation session with you and your host. To take full advantage of the internship, we encourage you to share your experiences, join our global alumni network and add the internship to your list of achievements on your resume/ Linkedin profile!
Your selected programs
You have not selected any programs.