Flights to Vietnam
Updated December 25, 2023
Booking a flight is the most convenient for visitors to enter Vietnam. This guide to Vietnam’s international flights and airports will help you with a smooth arrival plan in Vietnam when joining our programs.
1. International flights to Vietnam
First off, you need to search for flights departing from your country to the program locations in Vietnam. Listed below are three main international airports of three major cities chosen for our program locations in Vietnam:
- Northern: Noi Bai International Airport in Ha Noi (HAN)
- Central: Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang (DAD).
- Southern: Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
* Fun facts: Noi Bai Airport is about 30km away from the city center, while Tan Son Nhat Airport is about 10km, and Da Nang Airport tops them all, being just 3km away from the city center.
From America, most of the flights a connecting flights to other countries. There are few direct flight options between Vietnam and The United States:
From Europe, there are more direct flights such as France, England, Germany, Russia, France, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, Denmark, Switzerland, Finland, Italy, Czech Republic, Norway, Austria
From Asia, Vietnam is well connected to other Asian countries with many flight choices. We have direct flights between Vietnam and all Northeast & Southeast Asia countries, as well as almost all countries in other Asian areas.
From Oceania, many airlines operate direct flights between Vietnam and Australia, New Zealand like Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Airlines, Qantas, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, etc.
From Africa, most flights need at least a stop in the Middle East or another Asia country.
2. Upon Arrival
At the immigration check-out, the immigration officer will check your passport and e-visa result to make sure they are valid.
If all the information is correct, the officer will stamp your passport and give it back to you. Then, you can head to baggage claim areas to collect your belongings.
Congratulations! You are now free to exit the airport and start your journey in Vietnam!
3. Domestic and regional flights
Popular airlines in Vietnam are Vietnam Airlines, Bamboo Airways and Vietravel Airlines. Besides, Vietjet Air and Jetstar Airlines are also famous low-budget airlines but there may be unexpected delays and limited benefits in the basic airfare such as luggage allowance, meals, smaller aircraft, narrower aisles, etc.
If you have a travel plan to the attractive destinations below, check out the domestic airports available:
It is also easy to fly from Vietnam to neighboring countries. Some airlines from Vietnam to Southeast Asia countries for your reference:
(*) low-budget airlines are italicized
4. Helpful notes and Resources
To gain extra benefits from traveling by airplane, save these checklists!
- Don’t forget to accumulate points for further benefits with your bank card or airline member card.
- Airport check-in policy is different between different airlines, airports and flight routes. You need to be sure about it when issuing a ticket to avoid any unexpected situation.
- Check-in online applies to some flights. You should do it to save time waiting and processing at the airport.
- Make sure you have an appropriate visa if you travel to other countries during your stay in Vietnam.
When staying in Vietnam for a long duration, you may be faced with some popular illnesses in this tropical country. Therefore, take precautions to protect your health. Read more about Vaccination before traveling to Vietnam and CDC healthy travel packing list.
Besides, check out these websites below to find budget-friendly flight tickets to Vietnam.
- StudentUniverse: Cheap Student Flights, Travel Deals
- Well-known in the U.S.: Search Flights | KAYAK – Skyscanner
- Trusted and common: Booking.com | Official site
- Big sites: Expedia Travel: Cheap Flights or Travelocity: Wander Wisely
For domestic flights in Vietnam, you can search for more affordable tickets from these websites:
We hope this guide helps you better plan your trips to Vietnam. It would be our pleasure to welcome you to Vietnam through meaningful study abroad programs. Stay in touch with us!
Programs that go with the document
Why travel abroad? Unfold your myth, meet new people, and explore your career path. Do an internship in Vietnam and bring home your own stories.
Apart from being a Forum on Education Abroad member with liability insurance, we are proud to be ONE – STOP SHOP CENTER for faculty leaders.
Our latest program in the health & medical department
Fulfill the mission of healing the “broken ones” through the rotation of different rehabilitation departments while learning the art of Vietnamese physiotherapy