Healthcare in Vietnam
This program takes students on a journey through Vietnam’s history, culture and health care; from Hanoi, the 1000-year-old capital city to Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage and one of the world’s new seven natural wonders. The key component is all the visits to local and international health organizations to learn about Vietnam’s health care system as a whole, its development and the challenges posed due to rapid economic development.
- Experience first-hand the key components of Vietnam’s health care system through visits to leading health organizations as well as guest lectures with leading health experts in the country
- Check out the subtle taste of “Pho”, “Banh mi” and many other staple foods that have brought Vietnamese cuisine to the world
- Cruise through the emerald calm water of Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage and one of the world’s new seven natural wonders
- Glide along scenic waterways and walk up steep mountain paths to see one of Vietnam’s most important religious sites
- Discover water puppetry, one of Vietnam’s most attractive performing arts that dates back to more than 1,000 years ago
Tentative location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 10 days
Tentative program itinerary:
Day 1: Travel to Hanoi, Hotel check-in
Day 2: Orientation & Welcome Dinner
Day 3: Hanoi City tour themed “Culture & History” during the day and Night Market tour in the evening
Day 4: Industry visits/guest lectures themed:
Morning: “Health care in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Vietnam’s Health care reform”
Day 5: Industry visit/guest lectures themed:
Morning: “People living with HIV and substance abuse in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Cancer diagnosis and treatment in Vietnam”
Evening: Water Puppet Show
Day 6: Buddhism in Vietnam
One-day trip to the Perfume Pagoda
Day 7: Industry visits/guest lectures
Morning: “Cancer diagnosis and treatment in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Nutrition and physical activity”
Evening: Street food tour
Day 8: Industry visits/guest lectures
Morning: “Preventive health care in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Integration of traditional medicine and Western medicine in practice”
Day 9: Day trip to Ha Long Bay, Farewell lunch on boat
Day 10: Departure from Hanoi
All activities listed above are subject to change in case of unexpected circumstances or companies/organizations' unavailability.
We customize the itinerary to best meet your needs and objectives; thus, there will be no programs at the same price.
What's usually included in our price?
- Airport transfer
- Accommodation: 3-star hotel, twin room, same-gender/room, single room for university faculty, free Wi-Fi and room service
- Meals: Breakfast at hotel; welcome and farewell dinners; other meals as listed in the itinerary
- Program development
- Program coordinator accompanies the group in every activity for the whole program;
- Local buddies arrangement (if requested)
- On-site orientation;
- Company visits arrangement;
- Guide and entrance fees for all excursions as listed in the itinerary
- Transportation as described in the program itinerary
- 24/7 emergency contact number (SOS card);
- All gratuities to bus drivers, tour guides and/ or similar;
- Fee for at least 1 faculty or employee from the university to join in program activities with students in Vietnam.
Step 1: Please take some minutes to fill out this online questionnaire. Our Program Manager will then contact you for a free consultation meeting to discuss your customized program in more detail.
Step 2: We finalize and send you the program proposal(s) for your institution’s approval.
Step 3: Partnership agreement/Program Contract signed
Step 4: Implementation
Things to do on your end:
- Market your program on campus & process students’ applications
- Approve and finalize academic content for the program
- Work closely with ABROADER's Program Manager to finalize all activities and logistics needed for your program (airfare, housing, airport pickup, classroom, excursions, site visits, etc.)
- Collect students’ program fees
- Hold pre-departure meeting and orientation
*If you feel overwhelmed, please rest assured that we are always here to support any of the things you are supposed to do at this step.
Things we do on our end:
- Finalize the overall program schedule
- Produce or support the production of marketing materials for your program
- Arrange all necessary logistics, site visits and cultural excursions for your program
- Provide support for the pre-departure meeting and orientation
Step 5: Your program starts - you and your students arrive in Vietnam or another program location in Southeast Asia.
Step 6: While in the program location, you teach the course, we take care of all the other activities and logistics for your program.
Step 7: Your program ends – the group departs from the program location. After you return home, there will be an evaluation meeting for us to review your program for future improvements and planning.
We endeavour to guarantee that through every stage of our process, issues like power and privilege, diversity and inclusion, community voice and reciprocity are taken into full consideration to make sure that every stakeholder is heard and included.
The host school was very welcoming and friendly, provided me with plenty of opportunities to interact with different year levels and observe classes, very keen on showing me Vietnam and making me comfortable. The teachers that we got to work with were very supportive – very kind and supportive! They welcomed us into their community and provided us with numerous opportunities to be in the classroom and teach. We get to receive feedbacks from teachers after the classes and it really helps a lot for us to make progress and improvement. I am also very grateful for the local buddies that support us throughout the program, they are all very kind and helpful.
Education Internship ,Monash University, Australia
I just wanted to say a Warm Thanks to the ABROADER team for creating an amazing experience for Zach. Kasia and your team went above and beyond and should be so proud of bringing the amazing experience of living in Vietnam to my son. Your buddy program was amazing and we met his Buddy several times. He even came to the airport at 7 AM this past Saturday as Zach left Vietnam. Zach learned so much about Vietnam this summer - about its amazing culture, food, how people live and of course Grab, and the crazy life of the traffic. This family has fallen in love with Vietnam.
Business Development Internship ,Zachary Vlessing's Father
IT Internship ,Republic Polytechnic, Singapore
I am thankful to God that my daughter had an opportunity to be in Vietnam for 3 months through ABROADER. She stayed with a host family for a month and half and was able to learn a lot about the culture and the food. She loved her host family and misses them. Then she had traveled to Hanoi and worked with ABROADER. The staff was very friendly, caring, and hospitable. After 3 months in Vietnam, I had noticed the changes in my daughter about her outlook of life. She is no longer as much of a picky eater and her compassion and understanding of the Vietnamese people, the culture, and the food has greatly increased. I believe that this experience has helped her grow fast in her journey of life. Thanks ABROADER!!
Marketing Internship ,Natasha Mohney’s mother
Medical Internship ,Loyola University Chicago, USA
My internship in Vietnam with ABROADER was a life changing experience. I was a marketing intern at a travel company in Hanoi and now work for the same company as a full time employee. Being in Vietnam has taught me so much about different people and cultures, as there are many other foreigners working here as well from all over the world. My internship coordinator at ABROADER was so helpful, and was a huge support for me whenever I needed it. I would definitely recommend ABROADER if you are looking to do an internship here. They really cater to your needs and care about what you want and are looking for.
Lillian Sarah Grant
Marketing & Communication Specialist Internship ,University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Let's Vietnam 2016 Faculty-led Program ,University of Findlay, USA
Education Internship ,Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan
I would highly recommend this internship with ABROADER for my friends or anyone who is interested in doing an IT internship in Vietnam. My IT Internship was done at Global Cybersoft in Ho Chi Minh City, Global CyberSoft (GCS) is a leading global IT solutions provider founded in California. With extensive experiences and rich expertise, GCS poses as a major IT pioneer and trusted partner in Vietnam. The first team I was with (Business Analysis Team) went out of their way to give me responsibilities that challenged me to learn, and provided help for me to learn how to do these tasks, I felt my work on the Business Analysis team was important, and I made a significant contribution as an intern. Next, I was moved to programming team which I felt I did not have as much training compared to the first one. Given that the company was not used to having an intern like me, they did a good job giving me responsibilities that would help me learn. My supervisor was the local team manager and he helped me a lot during work and cared about my well-being. Among many concerns one has when deciding to do an internship, for me, the most important part was having as much help as possible getting into contact with prospective companies, and further set up with a bank account, etc. and felt very satisfied with the services provided by ABROADER concerning these procedures. The most helpful improvement would have been a more timely completion of all the steps so that there is the largest choice of companies to choose from, and one can prepare as soon as possible.
David Mechael Duplantier
IT Internship ,University of California, San Diego, USA
Electrical Engineering & Computing Study Tour ,University of Newcastle, Australia