Healthcare in Vietnam
This program takes students on a journey through Vietnam’s history, culture and health care; from Hanoi, the 1000-year-old capital city to Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage and one of the world’s new seven natural wonders. The key component is all the visits to local and international health organizations to learn about Vietnam’s health care system as a whole, its development and the challenges posed due to rapid economic development.
- Experience first-hand the key components of Vietnam’s health care system through visits to leading health organizations as well as guest lectures with leading health experts in the country
- Check out the subtle taste of “Pho”, “Banh mi” and many other staple foods that have brought Vietnamese cuisine to the world
- Cruise through the emerald calm water of Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage and one of the world’s new seven natural wonders
- Glide along scenic waterways and walk up steep mountain paths to see one of Vietnam’s most important religious sites
- Discover water puppetry, one of Vietnam’s most attractive performing arts that dates back to more than 1,000 years ago
Tentative location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 10 days
Tentative program itinerary:
Day 1: Travel to Hanoi, Hotel check-in
Day 2: Orientation & Welcome Dinner
Day 3: Hanoi City tour themed “Culture & History” during the day and Night Market tour in the evening
Day 4: Industry visits/guest lectures themed:
Morning: “Health care in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Vietnam’s Health care reform”
Day 5: Industry visit/guest lectures themed:
Morning: “People living with HIV and substance abuse in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Cancer diagnosis and treatment in Vietnam”
Evening: Water Puppet Show
Day 6: Buddhism in Vietnam
One-day trip to the Perfume Pagoda
Day 7: Industry visits/guest lectures
Morning: “Cancer diagnosis and treatment in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Nutrition and physical activity”
Evening: Street food tour
Day 8: Industry visits/guest lectures
Morning: “Preventive health care in Vietnam”
Afternoon: “Integration of traditional medicine and Western medicine in practice”
Day 9: Day trip to Ha Long Bay, Farewell lunch on boat
Day 10: Departure from Hanoi
All activities listed above are subject to change in case of unexpected circumstances or companies/organizations' unavailability.
We customize the itinerary to best meet your needs and objectives; thus, there will be no programs at the same price.
What's usually included in our price?
- Airport transfer
- Accommodation: 3-star hotel, twin room, same-gender/room, single room for university faculty, free Wi-Fi and room service
- Meals: Breakfast at hotel; welcome and farewell dinners; other meals as listed in the itinerary
- Program development
- Program coordinator accompanies the group in every activity for the whole program;
- Local buddies arrangement (if requested)
- On-site orientation;
- Company visits arrangement;
- Guide and entrance fees for all excursions as listed in the itinerary
- Transportation as described in the program itinerary
- 24/7 emergency contact number (SOS card);
- All gratuities to bus drivers, tour guides and/ or similar;
- Fee for at least 1 faculty or employee from the university to join in program activities with students in Vietnam.
Step 1: Please take some minutes to fill out this online questionnaire. Our Program Manager will then contact you for a free consultation meeting to discuss your customized program in more detail.
Step 2: We finalize and send you the program proposal(s) for your institution’s approval.
Step 3: Partnership agreement/Program Contract signed
Step 4: Implementation
Things to do on your end:
- Market your program on campus & process students’ applications
- Approve and finalize academic content for the program
- Work closely with ABROADER's Program Manager to finalize all activities and logistics needed for your program (airfare, housing, airport pickup, classroom, excursions, site visits, etc.)
- Collect students’ program fees
- Hold pre-departure meeting and orientation
*If you feel overwhelmed, please rest assured that we are always here to support any of the things you are supposed to do at this step.
Things we do on our end:
- Finalize the overall program schedule
- Produce or support the production of marketing materials for your program
- Arrange all necessary logistics, site visits and cultural excursions for your program
- Provide support for the pre-departure meeting and orientation
Step 5: Your program starts - you and your students arrive in Vietnam or another program location in Southeast Asia.
Step 6: While in the program location, you teach the course, we take care of all the other activities and logistics for your program.
Step 7: Your program ends – the group departs from the program location. After you return home, there will be an evaluation meeting for us to review your program for future improvements and planning.
We endeavour to guarantee that through every stage of our process, issues like power and privilege, diversity and inclusion, community voice and reciprocity are taken into full consideration to make sure that every stakeholder is heard and included.
Working for the Cham Island MPA was a really good fit for me, I think they picked a good job. I also liked my city tour I had fun, and got to do so many things! Vietnamese people are very nice and the living environment is safe when I hang out with my Vietnamese local buddies. I also get lots of support from local buddies and become real friends in spite of different interests.
Isabella Taylor Sullivan
Environment Internship ,Portland State University, USA
The host school was very welcoming and friendly, provided me with plenty of opportunities to interact with different year levels and observe classes, very keen on showing me Vietnam and making me comfortable. The teachers that we got to work with were very supportive – very kind and supportive! They welcomed us into their community and provided us with numerous opportunities to be in the classroom and teach. We get to receive feedbacks from teachers after the classes and it really helps a lot for us to make progress and improvement. I am also very grateful for the local buddies that support us throughout the program, they are all very kind and helpful.
Education Internship ,Monash University, Australia
What I love about my host company is the awesome supervisor, Ms. Lieu, that cares about me as a person. She frequently helps and supports me a lot in my work. Besides, the workplace was super close to the studio I stayed and I could walk to the company everyday. Though there weren't any windows in my room, it was totally fine. After the internship here, I think my ability to cope with unexpected situations has been levelled up and my interpersonal skills have been further developed. And most importantly, I could clarify my career and my educational goals in the future. Overall, I am satisfied with this internship as a whole!
Gabrielle Joy Ubaldo
Food & Beverage Intern ,Oakton Community College, USA
Nursing Internship ,University of Texas in Austin, USA
Surgical Internship ,University of Oregon, USA
Education Internship ,Monica Anderson’s mother, USA
Social Work Internship ,University of Oregon, USA
Education Internship ,Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan
I enjoyed the time in Ho Chi Minh city. The experience was much better than I expected. I came with an open mind to face anything, but everything was smooth and easy. The host organisation is satisfying. They tried their best to help me learn. It was satisfying. I would do this again if I get the chance. The abroader staff was really friendly and they prepared everything for me before I landed in Vietnam. So I did not have to worry about anything. I am satisfied with the program and I would recommend this program 100%.
Trainer & Communication Internship ,Deakin University, Australia
Nursing Internship ,FH Campus Wien, Austria