How to get Vietnam E-visa 2023?
ABROADER April 06, 2022 3 minute read
Though e-visa is becoming more and more popular for travelers and foreigners when entering a country, we know that the application process may be confusing sometimes. To make it clear and easy to understand, we will give detailed instruction about the way to apply for Vietnam e-visa below:
Vietnam e-visa requirements
To best prepare for the application, you should get ready for all the documents below:
- Your valid passport in at least 6 months after the expected date of entering Vietnam and having at least 02 blank pages
- Credit card or Debit card that can make payment online
- Portrait photo (4x6cm): Looking straight, without glasses and white background
- Image of Passport data page: Full page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines
*Notes: Passport photo must follow these more detailed standards:
- Applicants must submit a passport photo taken within the last 01 year, 4x6cm in size, straight face, no hat, no dark or tinted glass. Both ears must be shown.
- The photo must be clear for identification. The photo must not be edited anyhow.
- The photo can be in colors/ black and white.
- The background must be white/bright. Photos on dark and/or decorated backgrounds will not be accepted.
After having necessary documents, what you need to do is following the steps here:
Step 1: Access the link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn, then choose “e-Visa” (Electronic visa). Then you will be directed to “E-VISA PAGE”.
Step 2: Choose the box “FOR FOREIGNERS”
Step 3: Read the full-text description carefully, confirm your understanding, then click “Next”
Step 4: Complete the application form by uploading your 2 photos and inputting the required information.
Guideline for Vietnam e-visa application form
Personal details section:
- Images: The 2 pictures you need to upload include your Vietnam e-visa photo and passport data page. They must be in either jpg, jpeg, or gif format and less than 2MB. For portrait photos, the picture has to comply with the Vietnam visa photo requirements. Meanwhile, the passport page picture needs to show full information.
- Vietnam e-visa full name: You must enter your full name in the same order as the one in your passport (Please note that Vietnam e-visa name order is a common mistake that applicants make when they switch the sequence of last name and first name while the request is First name – Middle name – Last name).
- Sex: select either Male or Female based on your passport
- Date of birth: type the date in DD/MM/YYYY format or choose from the availability calendar. If there’s no exact date, you can tick “Only year is known” next to it. However, the provided information must coincide with your date of birth in your passport.
- Current nationality: You will choose 1 of 81 nationalities in the dropdown list eligible for a Vietnam e-visa. And it is the nationality indicated in the passport you use to apply for the e-visa, too.
- Nationality at birth: This is optional. You can input if you have a different nationality when you were born.
- Vietnam e-visa religion: provide your actual religion or type “None”/ “No”/ “N/A” if there is no religion. You can’t leave it blank since the Vietnam e-visa religion is a compulsory one.
- Vietnam e-visa occupation (optional): provide your current occupation or leave it blank
- Permanent residential address (optional): it’s up to you to either fill it out or ignore it.
- Phone number: it’s up to you to either fill it out or ignore it.
- Email: enter a valid email address. This email will be used to track your registration, so you’d better enter a frequently used one and remember to check the email storage.
- Passport number: enter the exact number series on your passport. This will include both letters and numbers or any other character that is listed on your Passport number (For example, you must enter “AB270814”, not just “270814”)
- Type: select among Diplomatic, Official, and Ordinary in the list.
- For ABROADER’s program, you would select “Ordinary passport”
- Expiry date: Select or type the expiry date as shown in your passport
Travel information section:
- Intended date of entry: enter the planned day you will arrive in Vietnam in DD/MM/YYYY format or select from the provided calendar.
- Check your flight ticket for the correct time and date.
- Intended length of stay in Vietnam: enter the number of days. It cannot be more than 30 days as Vietnam e-visa validity.
- Purpose of entry: select from the list your actual purpose of travel to Vietnam. For ABROADER’s program, you would select based on your chosen program:
- For In-person internships in Vietnam & Physiotherapy internships: you must choose “internship”
- Vietnam Tropica, Study tour, Faculty-led & Service Learning (Programs that are typically associated with the companionship of faculty staff/educators from your institution on your arrival in Vietnam): you must choose “tourism”
- If YOU ARE NOT SURE, please contact ABROADER’s program manager or coordinators
- Vietnam e-visa intended temporary residential address in Vietnam: this can be your booked hotel address, apartment, host’s family house, your relative/friend’s home, or any sponsored accommodation (Vietnam e-visa temporary residential address is the one in Vietnam, not permanent address in your home country).
- For ABROADER’s program, please contact ABROADER’s program manager or coordinators
- City/Province: choose the city/province where your above temporary address in Vietnam is located.
- For ABROADER’s program, it’s either “HANOI City” or “HO CHI MINH City”.
- Inviting/guaranteeing agency/organization (if any): If there’s any agency or company guarantee for your trip, you can provide its name and official address in Vietnam. For ABROADER’s program participants:
- ABROADER COMPANY LIMITED
- 238/2B Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Vo Thi Sau Ward, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Under 14 years old accompanying child(ren) included in your passport (if any): in case your children who are in your passport go with you to Vietnam, you need to enter their information including their full name, sex, and date of birth, passport photo.
- This does not apply to ABROADER’s program so you should leave it blank.
Visa request section:
- Grant Evisa valid from: the default date the intended date of entry you provided above and “To” date is 30 days later. If your request is different, you can manually key in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Allowed to entry through checkpoint: choose entry points among 33 eligible ports (airport, landport, seaport) in the list.
- If you arrive in “HANOI City”, your checkpoint will be “Noi bai Int Airport (Hanoi)”
- If you arrive in “HO CHI MINH City”, your checkpoint will be “Tan San Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)”
- Exit through checkpoint: choose entry points among 33 eligible ports (airport, landport, seaport) in the list. Both entry and exit points can’t be changed once your e-visa is issued; therefore, you must be sure that you are able to go through those checkpoints.
- If you leave from “HANOI City”, your checkpoint will be “Noi bai Int Airport (Hanoi)”
- If you leave from “HO CHI MINH City”, your checkpoint will be “Tan San Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)”
- Since many of our programs or your chosen internship’s duration (In-person internships in Vietnam & Physiotherapy internships) will normally have a duration of more than 30 days, a Weekend trip included as a Visa renewal will be available with the coordination and support from ABROADER)
Finally, put a tick in the disclaimer box and enter the security code below. After you complete filling out all the fields, don’t forget to review carefully and ensure all provided information is correct. Otherwise, your Vietnam e-visa registration might be rejected by the Official.
Then, you will receive a verification code which must be saved for a later status check.
Step 5: Pay the e-visa fee
The fee is 25 USD and must be paid online right after the submission by credit card or debit card. You can choose the most convenient way for you.
Remember that this fee will not be refunded whether your application is approved or not.
Step 6: Get result and receive Vietnam e-visa.
The processing time often lasts for 3 days but sometimes even longer depending on the number of applicants or public holiday.
The result will not be notified through email (However, it is recommended to also check your email Spam box and storage just in case) or mobile phone so you need to check the website regularly after 3 days since your submission date. To check the status, access this link and input the required information.
If your application is successful, congratulations! The last step is to download your e-visa.
Want to make your trip to Vietnam care-free about visa application? ABROADER covers from A to Z for our participants joining our educational programs in Vietnam. If you’re interested in internships and study abroad programs in Vietnam, check this link below and feel free to contact us if you need any further information.
Why travel abroad? Unfold your myth, meet new people, and explore your career path. Do an internship in Vietnam and bring home your own stories.
Our latest program in the health & medical department
Fulfill the mission of healing the “broken ones” through the rotation of different rehabilitation departments while learning the art of Vietnamese physiotherapy
Our latest program in promoting sustainability
Dare to take the challenge of shaping a greener future? Join us in this incredible journey towards sustainability and circular economy effort in Vietnam.