Supply Chain Intern at International Trading Company
Supply chain and logistics are in huge demand in Asia, Vietnam in particular. This internship will allow you to be involved in inbound and outbound traffic, managing sales and the develier process of goods and inventory.
About the Host
This FDA-approved company is a trading company specialized in supplying high-quality Raw Materials including Active Ingredients, Excipients, Coatings, Preparations, Packaging Materials and Accessories. Established in 1970, it provides high-quality and cost-efficient materials for various industries including Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care and Wellness, Feed, Veterinary and Animal Health Industry.
Internally, the company pushes for creativity and team spirit to create a stimulating, professional workplace where employees enjoy a healthy work life balance.
- Be involved in various tasks. Intern can choose to work in Purchasing/ Inventory Management/ Sales Coordination
- Receive on the job training
- Play a meaningful role in the supply chain process
- Dynamic and respectful international work environment
- Professional reference for successful performance
Program Highlights - All in one!
- Immerse in local culture through Vietnamese lessons, cooking class, city tour and trip to World's top destination (Halong Bay/ Mekong Delta) – All included in the program
- Ample supports from our onsite team and lovely “Local Buddies” – Vietnamese university students who can show you around their city and its hidden gems
- Experience life abroad authentically - More than travelling, get to know the city with the locals!
- Travel Vietnam or hop around Southeast Asia in the weekend (Bangkok or Bali is just 2 hours flight away)
- Join our networks of international students to discover Vietnam together (who know, you might visit their home countries one day)
The intern will work in one of the following functions.
1) For Purchasing
- Does market research and supplier research.
- Prepares & submits for approval purchase orders and other related correspondence, thus must have experience in both local & foreign Purchasing
- Checks pricing, documents (i.e. order confirmation, copy documents) against orders placed and passes on to proper parties after corrective action – if any.
- Coordinates with HQ/ ACCTG/Finance Department about funding and banking matters, e.g., bank to be used for a particular PO, L/C opening etc
- Oversees shipment schedules (ETA, ETD) to ensure on-time arrival of goods.
- Maintains proper files including update and removal of obsolete files for the assigned area.
- Other duties that may be assigned by superior from time to time.
2) For Inventory Management
- In charge of Stocking & Inventory Maintenance
- Coordinates with assigned Logistics company
- Prepare a Daily Sales & Delivery Report & submits to Head quarter
- Ensure storage standards are maintained by Warehouse & Logistics contractors
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Handles indent and forward sales orders upon TSRs obtain the sales order to end
- Prepares Sales contracts, and other related correspondence such as writing emails/ making phone calls with foreign suppliers and local customers
- Checks pricing, documents (i.e. order confirmation, copy documents) against order placed and passes on to clients after corrective action – if any
- Follow up closely with the supplier to make sure order is processed timely and without discrepancies to the contract signed with customers
- Background in Business Administration, Foreign Trade, Economics, Supply Chain or related field
- Have good knowledge in international trading, payment and business transaction practice
- Possess good in oral and written English, and must know how to compose business correspondence
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Exhibit being mature, independent, hard working and team worker
- Interrelate with management and foreign visitors with the same ease as with clients
- Have computer literacy at least in Word, Excel, and any internet/e-mail setting
- Have capability/ potential for acquiring higher responsibilities
- Be hardworking, diligent, honest & have good interpersonal skills
*Job Description is for reference only. Your actual responsibilities are subject to change based on your capacities, interests and the host's requirements at a certain time.
Tip: Check with our Advisor for more specific details and before you make any travel arrangements.
- Placement-only option: If you only need program placement, program fee is set at $700 USD/ placement for all durations.
- 4-6 weeks option are only open for medical and education internships. For other majors, most host organizations prefer minimum 8 weeks and availability of 4-6 week options are not guaranteed.
- Medical internship entails an extra fee of $100 – 300 USD per month depending on host hospitals. This will be sent directly to the hosts to cover training fee, administration and training tools.
What is included
Our full-package program guarantees fully-supported, locally-immersive experiences and includes:
- Internship placement
- Visa application
- Accommodation (homestay/ studio/ shared apartment)
- Pre-departure guide
- Airport transfer (pick-up & see-off at designated time)
- On-site orientations
- Local SIM card
- City tour & Social and cultural activities with onsite staff
- Excursion to top destinations in Vietnam (Ha Long Bay or Mekong Delta)
- Local volunteer support
- Onsite supports from ABROADER staff with 24/7 hotline
- On-going & Final program evaluation
- Welcome & Farewell dinners
- Public Liability Insurance
- Certification upon completion of the program
Standard option is studio room. Basic facilities will be provided, including air-conditioner, bathroom with water heater, Wi-Fi, bedding, mini fridge, kitchen. Electricity is not included. Electricity bill is typically $100 – 150 USD per month depending on your usage. Electricity bill will be charged directly to students at the end of month and when check out.
Visa application fee is included in our program fee. The quoted fee is for standard passport holders, including those from the US, Canada, the EU, Australia, Singapore. For other citizenships, visa fee may change depending on home country and duration.
What is NOT included
- Visa stamping fee (to be paid to the custom upon arrival)
- Meals and other personal expenses
Our programs are all year round. Application deadline is minimum 2 months prior to intended start date.
For smooth preparations, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, preferable 3 – 4 months in advance.
Late application is subject to late submission fee of $200.
Our entire process is an easy 5-step journey – from application to after you return home.
Browse and choose! Check out the wide range of programs we offer by major, industry or location. Select the program you want (you can choose up to 5) and click Apply! For this step, you will need to fill in personal information and upload a resume.
Can’t decide? Contact us for individualized recommendations. No fee is required at this stage and you can still change your selection later after an interview with our Placement Advisors.
- Online Interview
After your application is submitted, our Placement Advisor team will review your application and get in touch for a FREE online consultation on available opportunities. We will also answer all your questions about the location and guide you through the next steps.
No rush to commitment! After the interview, you’ll receive a Conditional Offer with details of your chosen program. You’ll have time to review the offer and when ready, submit a deposit to secure your place. This deposit is fully refundable if you are not placed in a program.
Welcome onboard! Our onsite team will work with you to ensure we secure a suitable placement. You will get to learn more about the role/ program you’re applying for through detailed description or interview with potential host companies/ universities so that both sides know whether it’s a good fit.
If all goes well, congratulations! You'll receive a placement offer. Time to prepare for your departure!
- Onsite Experience
It’s getting real! Once you’ve landed, our staff will be ready to welcome and pick you up to your accommodation. You’ll get oriented with the city before starting work/ study next Monday.
You did it! In one way or another, you’ve broadened your horizons! Time for final evaluation and reflection. Our onsite team will arrange for your departure and welcome you to our alumni network.
|Thursday||Arrival & Airport Pick-up|
|Friday||Orientation & Welcome Meal|
|Monday||Company Induction & First working day|
|Last working week||Evaluation & Farewell|
Your selected programs
You have not selected any programs.