Visa to Vietnam
Updated February 28, 2023
When you apply for ABROADER’s internship, study abroad, or study tour programs in Vietnam, we will support you with your visa application process. In most cases, you will need to be granted either a business visa or an e-visa.
The detailed information on visa to Vietnam is listed below:
Visa Application Documents:
If you are applying to our programs, you will need to prepare:
- A scan of the passport page: Full page including photo, personal information, and ICAO lines. Passport valid for a minimum of 06 months at the date of entry and with at least 02 blank pages available for the Vietnam visa
- Home country information
- Home university/ institute information (major/ year – semester/ current degree)
- Emergency contact
To prepare for a smooth arrival in Vietnam, we encourage you to submit documents for the visa application as soon as you can as it is better before you book and pay for your flight tickets (at least 1 month before your desired flight date). Our program coordinator will also support and guide you through the procedures.
The visa duration covers your stay in Vietnam during ABROADER’s program. If you plan to extend your time staying in Vietnam in advance, we suggest you prepare and consult with us while planning your trip.
Upon arrival at Vietnam airport
When you get off the airplane (at Noi Bai Airport for Hanoi and Tan San Nhat Airport for Ho Chi Minh City), come to “Visa on arrival” counter to present the following documents to get your visa:
- Original passport
- 02 recent color photos
- Stamping fee: USD 25 (for 1-month and 3-month single-entry visa) or USD 50 (for 1-month and 3-month multiple-entry visa) in cash.
- Vietnam visa approval letter received from ABROADER
- Letter of acceptance/invitation from the Vietnamese host school/company
For those who join our Study abroad / Study tour (Faculty-led program) / Internships in Vietnam program for 4 to 8 weeks, you have to apply for an e-visa to Vietnam by yourself.
Since March 15th, 2022, no agent or company is allowed to apply on behalf of the applicant anymore, you have to apply for an e-visa to Vietnam by yourself. Like other types of visa, the Vietnam e-visa is also a kind of travel document granted by the Vietnam Department of Immigration, to provide permission to enter Vietnam, and E-visa is issued via an electronic system that’s valid for 30 days, single entry only. The applicant will also need to apply 2 times if he/she joined the program for over 4 weeks, each time valid for 30 days, and single entry only.
But don’t worry, the application process is simple and we will guide you throughout the process 24/7.
Check out our blogs on:
- All you need to know about Vietnam e-visa
- How to get Vietnam e-visa for detailed guidance on the process.
- Students from Japan, South Korea, Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom are eligible for a 15-day stay without a visa. To re-enter Vietnam, these students have to wait 30 days in-between visits.
- Students from Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos are eligible for a 30-day stay; from The Philippines are eligible for 21-day stay; from Brunei and Myanmar are eligible for 14-day stay without a visa.
- ASEAN citizens can enter and exit Vietnam multiple times without a visa.
- Students from Chile are eligible for a 90-day stay without a visa.
For more information, please visit here.
- You must have a printed visa letter prior to departure and bring it along during your stay in Vietnam.
- Official Vietnamese Governmental Sites end with gov.vn only.
- Vietnamese Ministry of Immigration
- Lonely Planet on Visas and customs in Vietnam
- Vaccination before traveling to Vietnam
The above Vietnam visa policy (valid from March 15th, 2022) is provided for informational purposes only, please double-check with the official authorities in your home country. In case you prefer letting us apply it on your behalf, don’t hesitate to contact the ABROADER team for personal instruction by sending an email to email@example.com or booking a meeting via our Talk with us buton.
Programs that go with the document
Why travel abroad? Unfold your myth, meet new people, and explore your career path. Do an internship in Vietnam and bring home your own stories.
Our latest program in promoting sustainability
Dare to take the challenge of shaping a greener future? Join us in this incredible journey towards sustainability and circular economy effort in Vietnam.