Visa to Vietnam
Updated August 10, 2022
ABROADER will take care of your whole visa application process and you will only need to pick up the visa upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s three main international airports:
- Students from Japan, South Korea, Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom are eligible for a 15-day stay without a visa. To re-enter Vietnam, these students have to wait 30 days in-between visits.
- Students from Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos are eligible for a 30-day stay; from The Philippines are eligible for 21-day stay; from Brunei and Myanmar are eligible for 14-day stay without a visa.
- ASEAN citizens can enter and exit Vietnam multiple times without a visa.
- Students from Chile are eligible for a 90-day stay without a visa.
For more information, please visit here.
VISA ON ARRIVAL | FULL VISA PACKAGE BY ABROADER
For those who need a visa to enter Vietnam, ABROADER will take care of applying for a VISA ON ARRIVAL for our participants in study abroad programs in our program locations.
Visa Application Documents:
If you are a student, you need to prepare:
- A scan of the passport page: Full page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines. Passport valid for a minimum of 06 months at the date of entry and with at least 02 blank pages available for the Vietnam visa
- Home country information
- Home university/ institute information (major/ year – semester/ current degree)
- Emergency contact
To prepare for a smooth arrival in Vietnam, we encourage you to submit documents for the visa application as soon as you can. It is better before you book and pay for your flight tickets. Along the way, our program coordinator will support and guide you through the procedures.
The visa duration covers your stay in Vietnam during ABROADER’s program. If you plan to extend your time staying in Vietnam in advance, we suggest you prepare, consult with us while planning your trip.
Upon arrival at Vietnam airport
When you get off the airplane, come to “Visa on arrival” counter to present the following documents to get your visa:
- Original passport
- 02 recent color photos
- Stamping fee: USD 25 (for 1-month and 3-month single-entry visa) or USD 50 (for 1-month and 3-month multiple-entry visa) in cash.
- Vietnam visa approval letter received from ABROADER
- Letter of acceptance/invitation from the Vietnamese host school/company
Like other types of visa, Vietnam e-visa is also a kind of travel document granted by the Vietnam Department of Immigration, to provide permission to enter Vietnam. But e-visa is issued via electronic system. It’s valid for 30 days, single entry only.
- You must have a printed visa letter prior to departure and bring it along during your stay in Vietnam.
- Official Vietnamese Governmental Sites end with gov.vn only.
- Vietnamese Ministry of Immigration
- Lonely Planet on Visas and customs in Vietnam
- Vaccination before traveling to Vietnam
The above Vietnam visa policy (valid from Mar 15, 2022) is provided for informational purposes only, please double check with the official authorities in your home country. In case you prefer letting us apply it on your behalf, don’t hesitate to contact ABROADER team for personal instruction by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.